Share this page
At C. Reichenbach'sche Maschinenfabrik, the first flatbed press is built under the management of Carl August Reichenbach and Carl Buz in Augsburg in 1845.
In 1873, the first German rotary printing press is built for newspaper printing – following the conversion of the company to Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Aktiengesellschaft in 1857, which then becomes Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg, abbreviated to M.A.N., in 1908.
In 1871, Louis Faber and Adolf Schleicher establish the Association for Production of Automatic Lithographic Presses. In the same year, the first printing press is developed with the Albatros. In 1900, the company in Offenbach is named Faber & Schleicher AG. In 1911, the first sheet-fed offset press is built with the name Roland.
In 1979, the printing press division of M.A.N and Roland Offsetmaschinenfabrik Faber & Schleicher are merged to form MAN Roland Druckmaschinen AG.
At the third location in Plauen, printing presses are manufactured from 1896, following the conversion of the predecessor company into Vogtländische Maschinenfabrik (previously J. C. & H. Dietrich) A.G. in 1895. From 1991, the subsequent Plauener Maschinenbau company operates under the name MAN Plamag Druckmaschinen AG.
In 2008, MAN Roland Druckmaschinen AG becomes manroland AG.
In 2012, manroland AG is divided into manroland web systems GmbH, the web printing division at the locations in Augsburg and Plauen, as well as manroland sheetfed GmbH headquartered in Offenbach, the sheet-fed printing division.
Opening hours and directions
Find further information under